Honey Soy Chicken Wings

08:36 khadijamuzaffar 0 Comments


Hey there! How've you been? Do you have your CIEs? Poor you. I'll be praying for all you poor souls, especially those ones that don't try these wings right away. Seriously. The first time I made these was a couple of weeks ago when my father had a bunch of his work associates over for dinner. Both my parents were swamped that week, they were hardly ever home, poor things. As my mother rushed off to her 5797th Ladies Club meeting that week, she told me "You're in charge of the wings" anddd she was gone. I was like...yay?



I knew what I wanted though, something savory with a hint of sweetness. It's always that, really. Sweet'n'sour is my thangg. And so these babies were made. And once the work friends left the dining room, I attacked the wings. I didn't even wait for them to leave the house. Silly KD. I made these a few more times over the weeks because HELLO? These are really good. Like reallyyyy good. And they only take 20 minutes to go from box to belly, so thats always a plus. 


Ohhh and I tried using a black backdrop too :D Except for the part where I didn't know what to use, so I propped up a folding table on its side on the counter, and used a black oven tray as the base....
I don't know though, I'm going to have to figure this out, because my kitchen has meh-ish lighting and also I do most of my cooking at night...so no sun..so yeah..ok. 

Anyway, moving on to the recipe, which is totesss simple. (I'm harnessing my inner valley girl these days, like omg) Whatchu need is this:

Sauce (enough for around 30 wings):
4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons Honey
3 tablespoons Chili Sauce
3 tablespoons Chili Garlic Ketchup
3 tablespoons oil + enough to fry the wings
1 1/2 tablespoon White vinegar (the synthetic kind) (is there any other kind tho?)
A box of wings. Or a packet. Or just get wings, whatever, I'm not your mom. 

Fry your wings. I usually fry them for 5-6 minutes, and they finish cooking up in the glaze. Next, in another pan, add the two spoons of oil. Use the frying oil if you want. Add all the sauces, the honey and the vinegar. Stir well. TASTE. If it needs more of anything, add it. It should be a balance of sweet and salty, and have a hint of heat from the chili sauce and a little sting/zing from the vinegar. Adjust accordingly. Then add your wings, stir them to coat them evenly. Cover the lid and let it do its thang. Keep checking on it though, you dont want the sauce to dry up and your wings to burn, that would be tragic. In about 2-3 minutes, the sauce will have thickened and turned into a lovely red-brown sticky glaze. Thats when you take them out and eat every single one while watching The Mentalist on tv. You done good kid, you deserve it. 

Also my dear readers, I would urge you all to check out this lovely page! Craftoos is an arts and crafts store run by a very dear friend of mine! I think she's doing lovely work, and that too at such a young age. Craftoos provides you with illustrations, posters and soon enough, stickers!! All customisable too! So definitely check this out, its verryyy cool. 
Stay happy and stay safe!
xxx
Khadija.

0 comments:

I would love to hear from you. Let me know what you think!